Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Week 27: And he rounds the first corner!

Well, I have completed 6 months in my mission and I am wondering what happened to the time... If anyone knows a guy that can slow down the time just a little bit I'd like his number.... Actually his email, cuz I can't call him XD

But really, these past 6 months have been incredible, tiring, awesome, incredibly spiritual and amazing. I'm so glad that I have another 18 to go to finish. And I will enjoy every second of that time that I can. Even if I'm fasting in the hot sun, or trudging through hard rain, because even though I am not perfect, my Heavenly Father will always help me through all of my trials if I keep trying with all of my strength.

Ok, now that we finished the mushy part of the letter, PHOTOS! Sorry only 2 this week, not a lot of new things happened... But it was fun! I got to eat a whole fish, so I took a picture of that.
And I got hungry so I bought ICE CREAM! This was the first time I bought ice cream so I had to take a picture. Well first time in my mission. And the first time in Mexico I bought ice cream. Mn'M's ice cream too! It was good and I'll finish it probably tonight.

But, back to the important stuff. This week we tried really hard to get in lots of lessons! And we did! Almost 30, which is good for this area. But, the rough news is that 3 people who had baptismal dates, we haven't been able to find them in their house :O So sadly their dates we had to drop. And it is also REALLY hard to get the investigators to come to church out here, even if they have come like 15 times before and have a baptismal date for next Saturday. So, we are going to work with them especially hard this week, because we all need to go to church.
That means you too. Everyone is going to church this sunday! WOOHOO! HOORAH!

Ok, continuing. I know I probably misspelled that. This week was really good because we were able to find a new family who is interested a little and has a nephew in the mission! How cool! And also we are trying to get the help of the members, and they are really starting to want to help! I realized that I was kind of lazy with helping the missionaries back home... So tell them I said sorry if you get the chance. Because if every member went out with the missionaries one time a month or gave a referral to the missionaries one time a month the missionaries would be SOOOOOOOO GRATEFUL. So there is some advice if you want to help the missionaries out but don't know how.

And so I think I'll end this letter with a mandate to everyone reading this to go and look back over general conference. I listened to the talk 4th floor, last door, by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, given in the Women's conference, the Hermanas in my district told me I had to listen to it because it was good. And it is really good. But you don't have to listen to it. You just have to listen to one of the talks again. And you get to  pick! How great is that homework!

So until next week, (which with the way time is flying for me, it will probably be tomorrow XD)

No comments:

Post a Comment