Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Investigators at church!

One of the most exciting things this week was we had 3 investigators at church! While that may not seem like a big deal, it is. Normally we have 1 or maybe 2; but 3 is SUPER AWESOME!

one was me being bored on Pday. So I took a picture of my agenda.
Then the sky looked cool so I took a picture of that.

One is of the church,


one is of my companion because President said we could wear hats so he wanted to know what President thinks of his new hat.


Anyway, for the photos. One is of the church, one is of my companion because President said we could wear hats so he wanted to know what President thinks of his new hat. Then the sky looked cool so I took a picture of that. And the last one was me being bored on Pday. So I took a picture of my agenda.

Anyway, one of our investigators who is 10 and in a family of members but he still counts as an investigator, had a family friend pass away this week so we didn't get to meet with him, because his whole family is in town and they are all Catholic and Catholics have some interesting funeral things for the first 9 days, and then a month later, and a year and so on, it is interesting... But that is ok. We've been praying a lot for them.

Also, Rolando, who has been really stuggling to make it to church was at church! We met with him on Friday and he really wants to get closer to Heavenly Father and he is really trying. But I know that him coming to church will really help him.

We have 2 teenagers that are part of a less active family that made it to church as well! They are really cool, and have their baptismal date for the end of this month! We have been going over the lessons a bit fast but they are understanding very well and keeping their commitments so it is great!

Oh, and one awesome thing this week was that we were able to get a full set of LDS Scriptures to Paco! He had the Book of mormon but needed D&C and while he had a bible, it didn't have any of the footnotes because it wasn't an LDS bible, and yes they are the same, but the footnotes really help. But we were able to get him a set of scriptures and write our testimonies in it and highlight our favorite verses! It was super cool!

Oh! ALSO! Another HUGE rainstorm Sunday night. That was super fun. Got home super wet but my stuff was completely dry and after 10 minutes so was I! Definitely an answered prayer there.

I'm definitely seeing an improvement in my spanish! But my english spelling is declining I think so forgive me. But I fasted to be able to recognize the gift of tongues and for my investigators to progress more and both of those happened that day!

But besides that this week wasn't super different so I'll leave y'all with a mormon message that helped me this week.



It is Elder Holland's testimony of the Book of Mormon and it is inspiring. I want to be able to share my testimony with the power that he has.

No comments:

Post a Comment