Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Week 24: New Area! And Mexican Independance Day!

Well, right now I'm in my 2ND AREA! Almost have 6 months in my mission and I just barely got to my second area, but that is ok. I'll talk more about that later in this email.

PHOTOS! INDEPENDENCE DAY!
That means PARTY with the branch! Well for one night. Also, it meant we had to stay inside the house for a couple of hours because once it gets late, it is a bit dangerous to be out that night. But there are 2 photos of the branch activity. There were singing and dancing and me wearing a mustache... Oh wait, that is not part of the activity, but it happened during the party. It was fun. As missionaries, we just watched the dances that the members performed but it was fun.

me wearing a mustache

There were singing and dancing


new area means a new house


Also, PUPPIES! Yeah, I know I sent a photo of these puppies but who doesn't want more puppies ion their life? Really sad people is the answer to that question.

PUPPIES
And my new area means a new house, so here is a photo of the new house. It is small but nice. Well, it is inside the house. But I like it.

And so.... Well, Monday and Tuesday were good, normal, lots of visits to lots of people.

Wednesday I had a feeling that I would not have another transfer in Rio Grande, so I really tried to help everyone that I could and Wednesday was really good!

Thursday and Friday were independence days so we didn't have a lot to do because everyone was partying and we had to be in the house earlier than usual.

And Friday in the afternoon I got the information that I would be leaving Monday, but I didn't know where  I was going, so I started to get all my stuff ready to go.

Saturday I found out I would be going to Tehuantepec, in the zone of Salina Cruz, which is in the part of Oaxaca called Istmo. I have heard a lot of cool things about stuff in Istmo so I can't wait to experience it! Saturday was also the party for the branch and it was sad because I had to tell everyone that I was leaving but it was still fun.

Sunday was my last day in Rio Grande, and it was a lot of emotions that I was feeling. Sad because I was leaving, excited to get to my new area, happy to get to know more people and places, really sad to see some people for the last time, but I'll keep in contact with them after my mission so it is all good. Sunday night we went to Puerto to spend the night with other missionaries.

And today I left early and got to my new area Tehuantepec at about 1 in the afternoon. My zone leaders are Elder Flores, who is the old companion of Elder Zavala, my old companion, and Elder SeaƱez! (My old companion, and trainer)

And this week I have been reading in 3rd Nephi, and 3rd Nephi 8 through 10 are really good to read, but chapter 11 is wonderful because that is when Jesus Christ visited the Americas, and that is the best part of the Book of Mormon.

So with that, until next week! Or in Spanish, ¡Hasta la proxima semana!

No comments:

Post a Comment