Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Week 35: Baptisms, exchanges, and ingrown toenails OH MY!

Well this last week was one of the longer weeks and harder weeks. My companion and I have helped with more baptisms this transfer than I can count but we haven't had any this transfer and the investigators that were going to be baptized this next week, are going to be gone until the middle of January and so we had to change their baptismal date to January. It has been really rough seeing the other missionaries with a lot of baptisms and while it was a bit of a downer, we are working really hard to keep up the excitement for the work because I know that even if we have to wait a bit longer to see success, we will see it.

Because we are 3 missionaries right now working in 2 areas that are about 45 minutes apart (walking, 15 minutes in public transportation, and like 15 pesos each one) we have been trying to do exchanges with members and leaders, youth and whatever person was willing almost, because in Elder Castro's area, he had 2 baptisms last week. But they went well and after all of that we were able to see them baptized on Friday and confirmed on Sunday. And we helped with two other baptisms this last week and still two others the week before. Actually I've baptized 2 people in the last 2 weeks that I didn't even know until I baptized them! It was different and interesting but cool.

Also fun things this week is I found out I got another ingrown toenail! :D I have pics but I'll spare y'all the view, I am doing some stuff that should help but if it isn't helping in the next few days I'll go to the doctor. It isn't too bad there was a lot of blood one night but it was all show.

But I tell y'all this because well today I have learned about some specific blessings that my family has found while I am here and it made me think of how blessed I am to be able to be out here and serve my mission! I know that there will always be problems and things to put us down but if we count our blessing we will always find the exitement and joy that Heavenly Father wants for us.

Sorry no photos this week, even though a lot happened, I'm in the process of backing up my photos and videos right now so I don't have a lot of new photos and am trying to make sure that I'll be ok, if another virus decides to attack my sd card, but I've got multiple precautions now so I think I'll be good!

But anyway, I hope that y'all can count your blessings, and find the good in all the things that are happening. This last week I have learned that while I have patience for other people who are not my companions, I can learn to have a lot more for them. But I know that if I keep trusting in the Lord, He will help me and help y'all too if y'all trust Him.

And well last thought of the week, it is weird knowing it is Christmas but it is hot. I don't like it. I want a white Christmas but that won't happen until 2018. So for now, the only white I'll get at Christmas is some clouds, and there are a lot of white busses that we use! Lol, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment