Monday, February 20, 2017

Week 46: The Office

Well this has been a fun and really short week, mostly because my week has only been 5 days... But it has been fun! I am learning a lot about the things that I will have to be doing over the next 6 months here in the offices, and well I am liking it a lot! We are still able to leave and be normal missionaries after like 2 or 3 and we have our area and a baptism in 2 weeks!

But with the pictures...
So we visited the spot where they filmed Nacho Libre, well one of the parts, and took some fun pics! My secretary trainer and companion right now is the one jumping onto the assistant Elder Peterson

This is the cast of The Office, Mexico Oaxaca Mission. (Left to right) Elder Peterson(Assistant), Elder Cabellero(Assistant), Elder Moore(Secretary that I will replace), Elder Vazquez(Financial Secratary) and me(Mission Secretary).

After that we went to visit a cool church that is called Santo Domingo. (It means Holy Sunday if you want a translation) But it is a big catholic church.

I have the picture of my last district meeting in my last district, from left to right the people are, Sister Valdez, Sister Paz, Elder Loosle(Me), Elder Zavala(my old companion), Elder Solano(my companion), and Elder Zelada.

Last night the secretaries and the assistants ate pizza to welcome me into the offices!

Also I took a turn to be Nacho Libre with Elder Peterson! These were the best pictures from the nacho libre shoot. But the scene is like the fight scene in the alleyway because the chips got stolen. So if you don't know what I am talking about and haven't seen Nacho Libre, that is your homework.

But also something that I have learned this week that we talked about in a zone conference was obedience. We talked about how there are 3 levels of obedience to whatever rule or law, whether it is of men or of God.

The first level is because of fear of punishment, but people who only obey because of fear will not always obey, because once the fear is diminished no one will obey.

The second level is an external reward. We only obey because we want the blessings. That will help us but only until we think there are better things then these blessings.

The highest level is obedience because of love. For our Savior if we are talking about commandments of God, and for our parents or others if we are talking about other things.

When we obey for obedience, we will not only receive






blessing but will not fall because if we have that love for Christ, and all mankind, or charity, "Charity never faileth" (1 Cor. 13:8)

Well, that more or less finishes up my time and my stuff, so I hope y'all have a great week and a wonderful day, today and every other day!

'Til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment