Monday, July 24, 2017

Week 68: Hey! We went to the Guelaguetza!

The Guelaguetza is a huge cultural event here in Oaxaca that shows off the different cultures of Oaxaca, which was super awesome! Last Monday my comp and I had the chance to go, and it was super fun! I only got one pic because I forgot to charge my camera. But I'll try and steal pics from some others and then share them! We got in for free because we got up at like 4 in the MORNING TO leave way to early to stand in line... But we got good seats so I think it was worth it. But the other pictures are of a baptism that we had today and my scriptures that are falling apart.... But that is ok, it means I'm using them a lot! Also, I'll go and see if we can glue them together or something..

But this week I have been studying a lot in some Christ-like attributes, and I wanted to share a quote that I found on them that has to do with the scripture in 3rd Nephi 12:48   "Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect."

The quote is by Ezra Taft Benson, "Is it possible to be even as He is? The answer is Yes. Not only can we, but that is our charge, our responsibility. He would not give us that commandment if He did not mean for us to do it."

Really, we can achieve our divine heavenly potential of being like our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. It is something that will cost a lot. But we can achieve that potential if we maintain firm in the faith, enduring to the end. I know that if we really try our best to be like Christ, He will help us to achieve that potential.






No comments:

Post a Comment