Friday, December 29, 2017

Week 90: Well, being a zone leader is interesting...

So, I am starting to get a handle of what is what here in Juchitán, and while it is an interesting place, we are having the most success in the whole mission as a zone! Well, that is because Elder Verkler my comp is an awesome missionary, but I'll keep it going with him! Anyways, lots of pictures this week....

So the pictures range from Awkward mirror selfie, to What happens when we get to the activity on time and we start late (like an hour late) (that is me






in a chair with my sunglasses being SUPER BORED because no one got there on time), to Jose Luis's baptism! to a Burned Mototaxi on a small building, to a chimpanzee... Yes, a chimpanzee... While we were contacting, we saw someone's pet chimpanzee... And for 2 activities this week I dressed up as Santa Claus!

Anyway, first off, Tuesday was fun, I went to one district meeting while my comp went to another and we had a really good training from a new district leader. Wednesday we found the chimpanzee contacting, Thursday we had Jose Luis's baptism. He is the boyfriend of a member and he has been attending for almost a year, but he finally has felt comfortable enough to make the decision to get baptized. He is a bit shy but really cool. Friday we had the ward activity, well one of our wards, we are working 2 and well, I got to be Santa! And then I borrowed the Santa outfit for Saturday where we had another activity but a multizone activity for all the missionaries. I was also Santa, I met President Conde's daughters and son's in law, and I played the sax. Yesterday we had 7 investigators at church, and we have 2 more baptism dates next week! Wow. This week has been productive. AND THIS NEXT WEEK WILL BE EVEN MORE SO!!! WOOHOOO!!!!! H.O.O.R.A.H.!!!

Well, I hope that y'all are having a wonderful and Merry Christmas, and an AMAZING new year! Bye!
---------
Elder Loosle
Misión Mexico Oaxaca


2 comments:

  1. It appears you and your comp had a great and successful week. Keep up the good work and stay safe. We hope ya'll had a wonderful Christmas and we wish ya'll a Happy New Year! John & Mele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all your updates, photos and comments. Loving the "Grinch Belly" on your Santa impersonation. Your posts always cheer me up so much

    ReplyDelete