Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Week 72: HERE COMES THE FRÍO!!!!

So, as many people know, this is my last Pday as secretary! So I'll be writing on Mondays normally after this. But! I will be leaving the offices and going to..... Huajuapan de León! Technically the legit name of the city is Heroica Ciudad de Huajuapan de León, but we just call it Huajuapan for short. I was kinda hoping for the coast, but President wanted me to help out in the other part of the mission that is struggling and that he wants a lot stronger. It is part of the Sierra part of Oaxaca, or part of the mountains. SO IT GETS COLD!!! LIKE 0 DEGREES SOMETIMES! (ok, that is in Celsius, but still, I've been working in like really hot and humid so...)

Anyways, on to the pictures...

The Robins took us out to eat last Saturday to say farewell to me in the offices, IDK if I already sent that picture so sorry if I did.

My district! We have 2 sisters and 8 elders. It is fairly large, but my next district will be of 4 Elders. And my entire zone will have 8... So that will be a big change.

The last two are because the Robins and the other office Elders surprised me with a goodbye cake yesterday in the middle of the day! It was funny because we have a rat that lives here in the offices that is apparently HUGE! And so all of us have been trying to kill it with venom and stuff but I always joke about just hunting it down. So Sister Robins pretended to freak out and say that the rat had just gone into the kitchen, and so I run in with a frying pan to kill it, and then I see a bunch of balloons and a cake and I'm like.... Where's the rat? I was confused for a second. But it was fun.
So my aunt sent me some questions this last week, and I have the answers here to share with y'all!
Who has been your hardest companion and what did you learn from him? Well, I've had a few. Many of my companions have been great! But I've had a couple that I struggled a lot with. Probably the two most were my second companion and my companion that I had 2 months ago. My second companion because he was pretty prideful and didn't want to learn anymore of being a missionary and thought he knew almost everything. So from him I learned how to let people believe that they are right, and just let others win, and go with their way even when I know it won't work, but I have to let them understand it. My other companion that I struggled a lot with was one of my recent companions. We were together for 5 months, and that is a really long time. I mean I really learned how to love all people while I was with him, and see the good in everyone. He didn't like talking to me much and was a lot of times giving me a cold shoulder, but I learned how to see the good in everyone and love them.

Which companions do you think will be lifelong friends (ps. Most of mine are)? The funny thing is it is the missionaries that aren't my companions that I get along with really well! XD But now with 3 companions I get along with them all, and two of them are Americans so I'm definitely seeing them after the mission! One (Elder Hernandez) is even planning on going to Utah State!!! And well, even though Elder Knapp is going to BYU, I'll still go and visit to hang out with him. But also I have had some others from North Mexico, like Tijuana, that have been really cool! (Elder Solano) And I am totally planning on staying in touch with him!

What was your favorite area and why? Oh... That is really hard. Every area is different and has it's own blessings and difficult areas. Rio Grande was awesome just because it is the coast and where I started. Tehuantepec has a lot of culture. In Yagul, I was able to see a lot of big changes in my ward, even though I didn't see many baptisms, but here in La Noria, I have seen lots of progress and many converts! But I am exited for my next area because it will be the first place where it gets COLD!!!!
Was it the people, the geography or both? Well, I kinda just answered that.... And so my favorite is all of the above.



What has been the hardest thing to learn about yourself thus far? Probably self control, as well as self confidence. And a good balance of the both. Trusting in God means that we have to also trust in ourselves because He trusts us to do what is right, which is why we are here. But also, we have to show our self control and not get one, prideful, and two, not get into stuff the easy way. Because we might be able to get out of somethings like that, but it will never be as good as if we do it in God's way.

Well this letter got long... So all in all it was a good week! I'm exited for Huajuapan, and just to let y'all know, my emails may get a bit shorter and I may not respond as much, because I'll be more limited and I'll be paying for my internet time again.... XD

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment