Monday, October 30, 2017

Week 81: Well, kind of a long week..... Actually REALLY LONG.

Well, this week has been extremely long, for a few reasons. One, I've been sick for the better half of the week, and on Saturday I had the WORST MIGRAINE :P I don't know why but every single October for the past at least 5 years I have gotten a migraine. And this one was really bad. But I drank like a liter of coke, and then got permission to rest for a couple hours while I was getting better and then we went back out to work!

The other part of the week that has been hard is that we have been contacting every day for more than an hour and until Saturday night, NOBODY let us talk to them. I mean besides our normal investigators that we have. But it was a rough week with finding new investigators, but I know that it will get better.

But a good thing is that we had 3 baptisms!!! Woohoo!!! It is a family that the mom was less active and married outside of the church but while the kids have all been taught good principles, they were rarely ever at church. But the dad is very catholic so when we started talking to them they were afraid of what their dad would say with their baptism, and so we talked to them about it, and then they talked to their dad, and not only was he ok with them getting baptized, he went to the baptism!!! Along with like 50 other people!!! It was a HUGE TURNOUT!!! Definitely the highlight of my week, and a very high point in the mission. So that is what 2 of the pictures are of. One picture is two AWESOME members we have here that speak English, but are moving to Mexico because the earthquake damaged their house... :( But that is ok, they will have fun there. They recently got married about 3 months ago. And so it was cool getting to know them.

So you may wonder when you see the last picture I attached... It is an iPhone of our recent convert (ewww) with the background of a scene in High School Musical 3 because that little kid is MY COMPANION! He was in High School Musical 3 for like 45 seconds. That is very impressive if you ask me. But he also was in two other movies, but he doesn't want me to tell anyone else the other movies.... So I just had to share that picture because I just died laughing after I saw the phone of our convert because I had told them that Elder Johnson showed up in High school musical 3 XD.

Anyways, keep up the good work everyone, and do what ya gotta do. Have a great week!
---------
Elder Loosle
MisiĆ³n Mexico Oaxaca

No comments:

Post a Comment